Saturday, February 28, 2015

Italy 2015: Serenissima –The Most Serene Republic





For some reason, I never really wandered around Venice at night. Probably because I was always so dead tired after walking all day. This time, due to flight delays, I didn’t arrive in Venice until after 5pm. I checked into the hotel Ca’ d'Oro hotel, neatly nestled into the Corto Barbaro alongside on of the hundreds of canals. 

The streets were full of people - mostly locals out for an evening stroll. Planks filled Piazza San Marco in anticipation of Acqua Alta - so far, not a puddle in sight.

My single room is enrobed in silver-blue paisley fabric wallpaper and the Murano glass light fixtures add to the authenticity. It has all the luxuries for a 3 star...even slippers and BBC World. Time to succumb to jet lag..buonasera.




1 comment: