Friday, April 11, 2014

Baton Rouge 2014: Back in the Bayou


As soon as I flipped on the radio station - Voodoo 104 - and found myself driving along narrow roads with absolutely NO shoulder to speak of and green as far as the eye could see, I knew I had made it back to the heart of Cajun Country, Louisiana. As the sun sets, I even catch sight of the blue haired bicycle fairy...

Brennan is still very much into cars and all things public service. Throughout the day he gently tortured the mini "taco" dog, Penny and Kate was addicted to listening to, watching, and singing along with the movie "Frozen" (even in the buggy at Walmart.) Nothing like hanging out with family!


My first full day in Baton Rouge I hung out with my sister, Janel. We raided a few thrift stores and then went to Brennan's Cub Scout meeting. Brennan won first prize in the Pinewood Derby with his "limo" and he proudly related the tale of his car conception.














No comments:

Post a Comment