Thursday, July 18, 2013

Belize 2013: Goodbye - Adios - Orevwe



Before leaving the Orchid Garden Eco Resort and heading to the airport, we had some time in the morning to wander around the grounds and try to catch sight of the elusive iguanas (Alfredo spotted one the first day, but since then, nothing.) Not so tricky to find were the couple of ducks perched on the Hotel sign. The male duck was raised with dogs and acts like one still...he wags his tail and tries to bark as he follows you around the hotel grounds. Never did find that iguana again, but we enjoyed exploring the Iguana Sanctuary in the steamy jungle air.



I really loved my time in Belize (aside from my brief trip to the San Pedro Police Station to report my computer and camera stolen.) The sights, sounds and sensations were like nothing I ever experienced in Europe and I was glad to have the chance to see what lies a bit farther south of the border. 

So in the languages of Belize - English, Spanish and Belizean Creole - goodbye, adios, orevwa!


No comments:

Post a Comment